10th Anniversary Celebration of SUSTech: English Speaking, Writing and Reading Contests
“Uchallenge College English Competition” is China’s most influential and largest English contest held by the Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press (FLTRP), National Center for Foreign Language Education, along with Unipus and China Language Assessment. The contest consists of three sections including public speaking, writing, and reading.
To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the founding of SUSTech and provide SUSTech students a platform to showcase their English language skills, the Center for Language Education (CLE) will hold university-wide English public speaking, writing, and reading contests, which are also the preliminary English contests of 2020 “FLTRP · ETIC Cup.” Outstanding contestants will represent SUSTech to compete and communicate with other college students nationwide. All SUSTech students are welcome to participate.
- Undergraduates and postgraduates under the age of 35, including international students. No limitation on the number of contests for registration.
- Previous “FLTRP · ETIC Cup” National English Contests prize winners awarded overseas, Hongkong, and Macao exchange programs may not participate.
- Grand prize, first prize, second prize, and third prize will be set up in the preliminary contest. All prizes will be 1%, 5%, 10%, and 15% of the total number of contestants proportionally. CLE will reserve the right of final interpretation on award set-up.
- All prize winners will be awarded certificates by SUSTech’s CLE. Prize winners of Chinese nationality will also be awarded electronic certificates by the FLTRP committee.
- Public speaking contest: In accordance with “FLTRP · ETIC Cup” English Public Speaking Contest General Guidelines, prize winners of Chinese nationality may represent SUSTech at the provincial-level onsite semifinal. The number of the semifinal contestants shall be determined by the Provincial Organizing Committee. All international contestants may participate in the online preliminary speaking contests organized by FLTRP.
- Writing and reading contests: In accordance with “FLTRP · ETIC Cup” English Writing and Reading Contests General Guidelines, prize winners of Chinese nationality may represent SUSTech at the provincial-level semifinals. The number of the semifinal contestants shall be determined by the Provincial Semifinal Organizing Committee.
III. Registration deadlines and preliminary dates
CLE WORKSHOPS@ RESIDENTIAL COLLEGES: INTERCULTURAL AWARENESS AND COMMUNICATION2021-05-10
On April 22nd, the Center for Language Education and Zh […]
Faculty and Staff Workplace Development Workshop: Practical Email Writing2021-05-10
This month, the Center for Language Education will host […]
Writing Center Workshops: Writing About Graphs2021-04-30
The CLE Writing Center Workshop series concluded this w […]
Writing Center Workshop: Writing About Graphs2021-04-26
The CLE Writing Center Workshops continue this w […]
Writing Center Workshop: “Using Corpus Tools to Improve Writing Skills2021-04-23
This week’s Writing Center Workshop focuse […]