Intructors of Language Other Than English
German, French, and Spanish Instructor Positions
The SUSTech Center for Language Education invites applications for instructors to teach German, French, and Spanish (EFL) for undergraduate and postgraduate SUSTech students. Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) is a young public university located in Shenzhen, China. Currently, the Center for Language Education (CLE) at SUSTech offers courses in English as a Foreign Language and wishes to expand our language offerings to include German, French, Spanish and other languages.
- Developing and teaching beginning and intermediate level German, French, and/or Spanish courses to university students (opportunities to teach English along with one of these other languages are also possible for candidates qualified)
- Developing and participating in placement and exit testing
- Curriculum, assessment and materials development
- Participating in departmental committees, meetings, and program support activities as needed
- Native or near-native proficiency in the language(s) to be taught (i.e., German, French, or Spanish)
- An earned master’s or doctoral degree in Language Teaching, Linguistics, Applied Linguistics or a related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience teaching language at the college/university level preferred
- Experience living/teaching abroad highly desirable
- Flexible ability to also teach English would be an added advantage
- Both full-time and part-time positions may be possible
Conditions of Employment
Employees in this job title are subject to the terms and conditions of an employment contract. Employment contracts are typically subject to review and renewal on an annual basis. For full-time instructors, SUSTech provides competitive compensation which includes salary, medical insurance, subsidized housing and other benefits. For part-time instructors, the university provides competitive remuneration based on classroom hours taught.
Send CV, cover letter, contact details of 3 referees, scanned copies of academic qualifications and any other supporting materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled, with an expected start date in early February 2020.